I just saw this meme on Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist and since he didn’t tag anyone, and I’ve never done this sort of thing before, I figured what the heck. Just as he tagged no one, nor will I. This is for my fleeting amusement and as an escape from the joys of moving. The chain-letter-like aspect of “tagging” people is somewhat repulsive to me.
From Box Office Mojo’s list of Top 48 Sci-Fi Films Based on a Book (or Story) (1980- present). Some of the titles on this list look suspicious. (Was Cocoon really based on a piece of written fiction? There’s a difference between an adaptation and a novelization.)
Here are the rules.
- Copy the list below.
- Mark in bold the movie titles for which you read the book.
- Italicize the movie titles for which you started the book but didn’t finish it.
- Tag 5 people to perpetuate the meme. (You may of course play along anyway.)
And now, the list…
1. Jurassic Park
2. War of the Worlds
3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
4. I, Robot
8. The Stepford Wives
9. The Time Machine
10. Starship Troopers
11. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
14. The Running Man
16. The Mothman Prophecies
18. Blade Runner(Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?)
20. The Island of Dr. Moreau
21. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
22. The Iron Giant(The Iron Man)
23. Battlefield Earth
24. The Incredible Shrinking Woman
25. Fire in the Sky
26. Altered States
28. The Postman
29. Freejack(Immortality, Inc.)
31. Memoirs of an Invisible Man
32. The Thing(Who Goes There?)
33. The Thirteenth Floor
34. Lifeforce(Space Vampires)
35. Deadly Friend
36. The Puppet Masters
38. A Scanner Darkly
40. Monkey Shines
42. The Handmaid’s Tale
45. From Beyond
48. Body Snatchers
I’ve read most of the books on that list that I’d consider worth reading. Any recommendations for the ones I haven’t?